Monday, January 12, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Today's recipe is Buffalo Chicken Dip. This is my favorite game day appetizer. I make it every year for the Super Bowl, it's so good and I rarely have leftovers. My Mom and I started making this years ago and we just haven't stopped. 

Perfectly served with celery sticks or your favorite crackers. My personal favorite are Carrs Crackers. 



Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients: 
2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken (get a rotisserie chicken if you want to cheat!)
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 cup Helman's mayo (plain greek yogurt if you want to be figure friendly)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or enough to cover the top)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Shred your chicken and then toss with the hot sauce (a fast and easy way to shreds your chicken is in a food processor). I like to do a mix of both hand shredded chicken and food processor chicken. It adds more texture to the dish.



While I prep the rest of my ingredients I like to go ahead and add the hot sauce to the chicken so it can soak in and almost marinate the chicken. 



Stir in remaining ingredients except blue cheese. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish, then sprinkle with blue cheese. 




Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until bubbling, serve hot with celery, chips, or crackers. 



I don't have a picture of this dip yet. Which is crazy because I've made it so many times. We even served it at my wedding reception! But I'll add one in soon. The Mr. and I are on a 6 day "shred" as we ramp up our home fitness program. But I'll be making it for the Super Bowl and will add a picture in then.   

Pictures are up. We made this for the Super Bowl party we went to yesterday. So yummy! 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I really prefer the Frank's hot sauce to the other big brands, so good choice! I imagine it you wanted a little more crunchiness to this we could add sliced water chestnuts or celery, right?

    ReplyDelete